Longlevens Junior School - Local Offer of support for Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Longlevens Junior School values the contribution that every child makes and is supported by the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress. The school seeks to raise the achievement, remove barriers to learning and increase physical and curricular access for all. All children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) are valued, respected and considered equal members of the school. As such, provision for pupils with SEND is a matter for the school as a whole.
SEND or Special Educational Needs and Disability is when pupils may need additional or different provision to enable them to achieve their potential. It is when one or more of the following is a barrier to their learning:
- Language and Communication
- Medical, Physical or Sensory Need
- Social, Emotional and Mental
Below are some links to websites which can be used to support literacy and numeracy learning at home. They have all been checked and are recommended for children as well as giving valuable advice for pupils.
www.wordsforlife.org.uk the National Literacy Trust have an amazing website to support your child with reading. It is great for parents and children alike, and has books, activity sheets and fun games as well as milestones and tips to support your child with reading.
1. Head Teacher - Mrs Marion Lloyd - 01452 530177, or email@example.com
2. SEN Coordinator – Mrs Kathy Donaldson – 01452 530177, or firstname.lastname@example.org
3 .Assistant Inclusion Manager – Ms Avarita Dunkley 01452 530177
4. School Learning Mentor - Mrs Karen Williamson 01452 530177
5. School Nurse - referral via school
6. Gloucestershire Parent Partnership Service – (GPPS) 08001583603 www.glospps.org.uk